Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meandering

So meandering thru the News Feed on Facebook as I do almost daily now, I stumbled upon an Asasociated Press link a friend had shared. Thank you Tessa! For those of you who don't know her Tessa is one of my first MS friends and hails from Canada. You simply wouldn't believe the number of Canadian friends I have these days. Point is, living waaay up there, she'd have had no idea whatsoever that this article would have peeked my interest so. Now sit back and allow me to share the articles title with ya.

Ind. Senate panel advances marijuana, meth bills

By The Associated Press

So as I'm sure she posted it for the as yet to be discovered, MS link but there are all too many of those floating around out there today and I pass many of them by without a glance. This one however grabbed me. Ind. --- well, I'm from Indiana. And meth??? Well, it just so happens the little southern town in Indiana that I live in, although its true name is Mount Vernon, has been called out as Meth Vernon from time to time. A quaint little rural community made up of mostly farmers, a couple factories and an oil refinery I'm sure our anhydrous ammonia supply makes us ripe for the meth manufacturing, but alas I digress and meth or no I love it here and wanna stay.

On with my story, or snip-its of the AP story first:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A state Senate committee on Tuesday backed having the state crime policy panel study whether Indiana should legalize marijuana after hearing a legislator with multiple sclerosis say he wished he could legally try the drug to relieve his pain.

The committee also approved a bill requiring computerized tracking of cold medications used in making methamphetamine rather than mandating prescriptions, as some law enforcement groups urged.

Rep. Tom Knollman, who has multiple sclerosis and uses a walker, told committee members he regarded himself one of the most conservative members of the Legislature but that he believed legalizing marijuana for medical uses should be considered.

He said he has spent up to $25,000 a year on pain medication that often is ineffective. "I hear that one of God's plants is working to help ease the pain of multiple sclerosis," said Knollman, R-Liberty. "I know when my leg starts twitching and I hurt, I'm looking for any alternative."

Hmmmm . . . so I look this dude up. A Rep. since '08. A Republican. Previous employment? A farmer. Member in good standing of the National Rifle Association. Sounds like my kinda guy. So what if he reps Southeastern Indiana and not Southwestern. Close enuff. Plus the poor sucker's got MS. Hmmm, indeed. Lightbulb y'all. I get downright inspired. He has his own webpage. An easy email form. Kaa-chow! Five minutes later I'm clicking SEND. Here's what I said:

Blah, blah, bla with the form fillin' out. And then the point.

I realize I'm not in your district, however I just read the Associated Press article you were quoted in and discovered we have a little something in common. Multiple Sclerosis. I too am Republican and come from a farming family, etc. etc. I could go on, but I'm writing to be sure you have heard about CCSVI.

A simple venoplasty allowing proper drainage of blood from my brain back to my heart has made many of my 10+ years of MS symptoms disappear. Thanks to the internet a growing number of us are discovering neuros have too much $$$ to lose by admitting there just might be something to this.

Long story short my insurance company is refusing to pay on the grounds this is experimental. I argue that its discrimination. MS or not if veins are blocked causing blood back-up and havoc in the brain they should be allowed to be fixed. I hope you can help, but if not PLEASE look into this as it most likely will help you too. I've gone from a walker to using no assistance at all. Plus I've been able to stop two drugs totalling nearly $2,000 per mo. Kind regards, Angela Spindler

Sooooo, whatcha think? I only had so much space. My plan is to wait a bit for a response generic or heartfelt and then send an actual letter. To him and to every Rep in the state referencing him and his plea for help. Ahhhh, I love shit stirrin'. Ya know I may have missed my calling. I should be a politician y'all. What should I run for? Mayor?

But seriously, don't forget to officially become a follower if you would. Even tell your friends about me. Nobody has to really read me. I just need numbers to show Mr. Billboard. Like, "Hey, Buddy, this many people know how crappy you are treatin' me!" "Hey, Buddy. Can you spell fight?"

Anyways . . . Happy Hump Day y'all. Just needed to type a bit. Thanks for puttin' up with me. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment