Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let it snow!

Ever get so hot your eyeballs sweat? Mine are. I'm sitting here with my air on full blast yet I'm on fire. No temp and I don't even feel warm to touch. Yet I watch the Pepsi next to me sit full of ice and wonder if when I reach for it will it melt from the touch of my hand. Not just the ice spontaneously melt to water - but the plastic cup wither and shrivel from the heat as well?

I don't exaggerate when I say that even my hair is hot. Remember the 98 degree days in July prepping the barn for the fair? Now add insulated underwear, 3 or 4 layers of thick warm clothes, jackets, coats, and coveralls. Ski mask, sock caps, four pairs of gloves, 10 or 12 pairs of wooly socks, lined boots and a Snuggy for fashions sake. Now shovel that sawdust. Hot?

No, I'm not sweating, as I'm sure I would be in that scenario, BUT I am hot. May 4th and already I'm hot?! I can't function like this. I'm stuggling to make sense when I speak. I hope this even makes sense. Lucky I got all my paperwork filled out yesterday to see my new doc. Today would have been no good for that. Touching the paper would have caused it to catch fire. And the plastic casing around the pen would have melted causing ink to spill on the open flame below.

Again with the sweating eyes. I can barely see to type. No amount of tears will put the fire that is me out. I'm off to a cold shower and a nap, friends. Think nice cool, snow and ice-filled thoughts for me. 67 in here? That just can't be right. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment